A comprehensive guide about Los Angeles
Are you planning a holiday trip to Los Angeles? Then, get ready with your backpack as you're about to get an exhilarating traveling experience. To be more specific, Los Angeles doesn't have any actual city centre. Instead, it's a perfect combination of neighborhoods and some of the striking cities ever. Again, there are many things to do and see in Los Angeles. Los Angeles is also a pretty vast city to explore.
If you are coming to Los Angeles, don't miss out on seeing Venice and Santa Monica Beach. If you are hungry, you can nosh the lip-smacking street foods in the city. There are hot dog carts, taco trucks, and many more. Get your dinner on the roadside and enjoy it at the most affordable rates. Gaze for hours at the Hollywood sign in Bronson Avenue from Sunset Boulevards or Hollywood itself. If you're tired of walking, then you can also visit Griffith Park by driving or hiring a shuttle, etc. So, when you are in Los Angeles, you're never short of activities to do or see.
The climate in Los Angeles
The average climatic pattern of Los Angeles remains from mild to hot all through the year. In a word, you will experience a dry climate in the city during your trip to Los Angeles. This climate is often accompanied by seasonal variations with the spell of rainfall resulting from a dry summer. Again, the winters in Los Angeles are primarily based on a rainy season.
Traveling around Los Angeles
There are various options to travel around the whole of Los Angeles without any hassle. These include the following:
- Taxi: Taxis are a cheaper option and cost as low as $3, with an additional $2.70 for each mile. An extra surcharge of $4 is required for any ride that starts from the Los Angeles Airport.
- Bus: Buses in L. A start operating between 4 am to 5 am and end around 7.30 pm-2.30 am. One-day and seven-day passes are available at $7 to $25 for each person.
- Metro: Metro trains usually operate in Los Angeles from 4 till 1.30 am, or 2 am from Sunday to Thursday. Some extended timing is also provided for these trains till 3 am. You need to pay $1.75 for a single ride or choose a day pass that offers unlimited rides at nominal costs. This day pass would cost you as little as $7. Alternatively, you can also buy a seven-day pass at a nominal fee of $25.
Means of arrival at Los Angeles
To reach Los Angeles conveniently, you can opt for any of the following ways:
- Waterways: Los Angeles has two main ports, including the Port of Long Beach and the Port of Los Angeles. You can come to Los Angeles through the various yachts and cruise liners from any of these destinations.
- Bus: Shuttle buses, long-distance buses, and airport buses commute to Los Angeles from its neighboring cities.
- Train: The prominent train services in Los Angeles are Burlington Northern Santa Fe, Amtrak, and Union Pacific, etc. You can arrive at Los Angeles from any of its nearby cities in the United States on these trains.
- Road: Several freeways and highways connect Los Angeles with its neighboring towns and cities. The most prominent amongst them are US Route 101, Interstate 5 and Interstate 10, etc. You can quickly come to Los Angeles by opting for any of these itineraries.
- Flight: The Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is conveniently connected to the whole of America and the world. Hence, flights from the major cities and countries around the world. There are four other airports in Los Angeles which most serve domestic itineraries with affordable fairs. Each of these airports is situated in Ontario, Orange County, Burbank, and Long Beach.
Famous dishes of Los Angeles
Los Angeles is equally famous for its food. Some of the dishes you got to try out in Los Angeles for sure are:
- Wood Fired Pizzeria
- Sweet Potato Tacos
- Green Tea Matcha Latte
- Ice Cream Sandwich
- Mediterranean Gem Salad
- French Dip Sandwich so on and so forth
Salivating these sumptuous dishes means indulging in a gastronomic delight, either solo or with your family.
Hotels in Los Angeles
Los Angeles is also the home to some of the choicest hotels for travelers to stay. Consider this checklist.
- The Beverly Hills Hotel
- The London West Hollywood at Beverly Hills, West Hollywood
- Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills, Los Angeles
- Viceroy Santa Monica
- Oceana Santa Monica
- Hotel Bel-Air, Los Angeles
- The Peninsula Beverly Hills
- Hotel Casa del Mar, Santa Monica
- Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, Los Angeles and
- Shutters on the Beach, Santa Monica
You can stay in any of these hotels either solo or with your friends or family. Make sure that the hotel you choose best fits your budget and criteria.
Places to visit in Los Angeles
While being on your Los Angeles tour, you must visit these places without a miss.
- Walt Disney Concert Hall
- La Brea Tar Pits and Museum
- The Grove
- Griffith Park
- Staples Centre
- The Broad
- Battleship USS Lowa Museum
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Petersen Automotive Museum and
- The Getty Centre etc.
Other prominent attractions in the city include the Universal Studios, Hollywood and the Griffith Observatory, etc.
7-14 days of living cost in Los Angeles
7-14 days of the trip to Los Angeles would cost you around $1330 to $2660, respectively. In the case of two, the cost would be $2660 to $5520. The reason is the per day living cost for one person in Los Angeles is around $190. Besides, you need to spend $29 on public transport and $35 on food for a single day.
Best things to buy in Los Angeles
Want to indulge in a shopping spree in Los Angeles? Then buy these items for sure:
- MOCA Ring Watches
- Sea inspired ornaments from the Pacific Aquarium
- Oscar Statuette
- Sea Salt Caramels
- 7 For All Mankind Jeans
- In N Out Burger Blanket
- Glee's Rachel Berry Sweaters From It's A Wrap
- "I Love LA" Single/" Trouble in Paradise" Album
- Los Angeles Philharmonic Scarf
- Windstream Pinot Noir, San Antonio Winery Wine and
- Laker Gear etc.
So, flying to Los Angeles is no more a hassle when you have the right pieces of information. Consider the guide above and plan your customized trip to Los Angeles. Make sure that you plan a journey by referring to the information provided in today's guide about Los Angeles
Los Angeles Metro Information